Sunday, October 26, 2008

$7 billion bailout







Look there on the ground. Is that a dime? Shit if I’ve ever seen one. Quick pick it up. That’s worth at least 10 cents. Oh no, there’s some gum stuck to FDR’s face. Who cares, it’s a DIME! You’ll be 10 cents richer!

These hard economic times are hurting us all, and just like Sarah Palin, I am ill! I even contemplated gathering my measly possessions into a handkerchief bindle and bumming around Burnside for spare change with a sign that reads [broke college student]. Heck, I haven’t even bought a legitimate concert ticket in the month of October. GASP! But don’t panic, I may not be able to see Russia from my house, but I certainly have one sure-fire solution that’s not even on Palin’s radar.

For only a $6 buck cover you can catch one decent show at the Artistery on SE Division. Last last Friday I crowed into the basement venue for an energizing night of Tango Alpha Tango. And let’s just say that for $6 bucks I’ll pay to see someone kick their guitar (literally) again! So avoid the panhandling, defeat the second coming of the great depression, rub it in Palin’s face, and check out the Artistery (you may even have money left over to buy some Tango Alpha Tango)!


-mh

No comments: