Sunday, October 26, 2008

Apocalyptica, this thursday

The first thing I noticed at the Apocalyptica concert was the calmness. It was very strange. For a finnish band that skates awfully close to being called full blown metal, the audience was extremely calm. No one was pushing, not one person tried to mosh (not that it was moshing music, but usually someone tries), and everyone was happy go lucky. Concidering we were watching a band who covers both Metallica and Slayer, it was a little shocking. In fact, I don't think I saw the bouncers do anything at all during the show, which a first for the Roseland.

They came on 30 minutes late. Ordinarily, this doesn't bother me at all, but this time it did. They had already had the stage fully set up when we got in (right when the doors opened). There was no opening band, so they didn't have to change anything or preprepare anything. And no roadies were running around setting things up. They wernt trying to get the band on stage quickly or anything. They were sweating us out, and that is not cool. Seriously, that pisses me off.

But I could deal. They finally got on stage, and they were fantastic. Theres something about 4 cellists and a drummer rocking out together. But like I said, the crowd was crazy at all. Everyone was dancing happily. They played extremely loudly, and it was great. They rocked pretty hard.

But not very long. They played till about 11, so around an hour and a half. Before they even got started, they were saying they were gonna play one more song.

Overall, it was a pretty good concert, but I expected alot more. I felt let down, and I think alot of other people did to. It was a wierd concert, and seriously, I feel like Apocalyptica did not deliver on their reputation.

Grant,
the-this-is-pretty-good-wait-its-over reviewer

No comments: