Friday, February 20, 2009

!Kaboogie yo face


If you were curious as to where to find Dublin's finest in dubstep/ragga/jungle/breakcore, never fear, I have located it for you. And just in case no one has yet become aware of my motives (oh, probably not. And I probably shouldn't be so blatant as to state them outright, anyway, so--), just in case no one has yet to become aware of my motives… Y'all is some sucka (MCs). In any case, I just downoaded myself a lovely little ZIP file of Vol. 2 of !Kaboogie's Label Sampler. !Kaboogie is, of course, the indecipherable name of the premier label of the oft-sought supergenre, Dublin dubstep/ragga/… God, I just can't believe it took me so long to find them!

Just because sarcasm sometimes doesn't have that same characteristic driiiip when filtered through cyberspace, um, no, I haven't been seeking out !Kaboogie for ages. But having stumbled upon it -- I'm a little excited. Not as excited as I was when my mom sent me badass boots for my birthday, not even as excited, maybe, as when they serve macaroni and cheese at the Bon (please soon please). But I'm giving this Vol. 2 mix a listen right now, and I'm kind of digging it. You can get it here. As a starting point(s?), "Stringaling," "Fuckem Up," and "See The Light" are all pretty siq.

No comments: