Saturday, December 6, 2008

White Fang Show


Sup Dawgs?
So I was at the white fang show last night at the artistery. I will admit, I wasn't always the biggest fan of the white fang. When they played at the Holocene last summer for the pdx pop now CD release party, me and my friend opted out to go see some free titties next store at Sassy's. But back to the show last night. Deelay Ceelay, or was it Ceelay Deelay? either way was pretty good. Two drums, some prerecorded synths, very cool with the fog and video show projected behind them. Next came Mad Rad, which were okay, their beats were definitely a little more dance like then fitting for hip hop beats. Finally came white fang, right off their aborted US tour, back for some p-town lovin. Even before they started, the crowd began moshing around so that 30 seconds into their first song they had to stop because we had knocked over the drum set. They loved it, the people working at the artistery, not so much. Newly equipped with two guys to keep the crowd from rushing the tiny stage, they started again, wailing away on their assortment of instruments. The crowd ate it all up, jumping around, propelling bodies into one another, there was no lack of injury. Multiple times large sections of the crowd would loose footing and pile up onto itself. Unfortunately I had the pleasure of being under a lovely pile and succeeded in getting my knee stomped on, bruises are already starting to form. All in all, it was a great show. Tiny basement given live through the motion of so many bodies, what a sight. It solidified its success when my friend said she got punched in the eye, and was now going to finally have the black eye she has been wanting for forever. She also felt it necessary to reprimand me and my other male friends for being such pussies that we hadn't been able to punch her in the face. Well, maybe another day.
[Nick Erickson]

No comments: