Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Google Android

Also called the G1.

This baby is a beaut. But before I go over the good things, let hit the bad.

Activating it. I got in on friday and called to activate it. Everything was go, and they told me 2 to 48 hours for activation. Every other phone Ive had and friends had was about 30 minutes, but whatever, I'm cool.

48 hours later, I call. I get transfered twice before I get to the right place. The person was really nice and patient, but it took her about 10 minutes for her to notice that they didn't update my plan at all. so once they got it updated, she transferred me to another guy, the G1 speciallist.

He talks me through a bunch of different solutions, none of which work. He even has me put my sim card in an old phone to see if the sim card is working. After about an hour of talking through, he says he'll fill out a form to get it replaced. as we start, he notices that since my plan was just changed, it couldnt of activated, and there probably wasnt anything wrong at all. if there was, we would have to wait another 24 hours to see. about an hour later my phone activated it. The best part? my father had called before and they had told him completly different information on how to activate it. T-mobile support, although nice people, could use some fixing.

Now on to the review. This thing is pretty. Its resolution is outstanding and it responds to the touch like an eager girl on ecstacy. But those features are nothing compared to the internet. IT IS FAST. Incredibly. this phone moves faster than the internet on the computer labs, or even my friends alienware. and the direct connection to youtube is pretty nice to.

another thing I feel I should add is that even though it doesn't appear to have the motion sensor thing the i-phone has, it does its not involved in the immediate menu, but it doesn't need to, since the screen will automatically adjust when you open the keyboard. The sensor is there, and so is the programing, it just needs an application for it to be used. Is it the I-phone killer? maybe. When google opens up there global information thing though, you will need one to access it.

price, 180, I think, but I know that for unlimited internet, its 25 dollars, with unlimited text 10 dollars more.

Tmobile did something good :O

Illl tell you more next week, when I get more use to the pretty thing.

No comments: